BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am having problems with my mates e60 530i n52 engine .At first it had a coolant leak at the bottom of the radiator so we replaced it.

We have now found that there is no heat from the near side centre vents. I have bled the cooling system at least 4 times and it is no better.

I have checked the heater control valve on the near side inner wing and it is ok. I have also jet washed the feed and return pipe to the heater matrix and it is still no better. I have swapped the heater control panal and heater exchanger sensor in the top of the heater box and still cannot obtain heat from the near side vents.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi, had pretty much the same problem on mine, e39 523i m52. No heat or very little from my offside centre vents. Now how i solved my problem after many attemps to bleed it was to totally drain the system, i also changed the stat (£8.00). While i had that off i flushed the system with hose pipe.
Fitted everything back up and with ignition on and heater speed on one bar and temp set at max, also open the 2 bleed screws i filled it up very slowly until no more air bubbles came out of bleed screw on expansion tank, this took approx 10 mins to fill up so take your time. Fit rad cap and start it up and take for little spin and hopefully you may have solved the prob.
Check coolant when fully cold and top up if required.
Webber :lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where are those 6 laws?...oh yes, found them :rofl

How to bleed the cooling system.
1.Jack the front of the vehicle up onto stands as high as possible,
2.Turn the ignition on,engine off,heater on fan setting 1 and temperature fully hot,
3.Remove the rad cap/expansion cap,remove the bleed screw from the rad and IF you have them the bleed screw(s) from the thermostat housing/top hose, return pipe or EGR thermostat.
4.Fill the radiator up and keep pouring till there are no more air bubbles coming out from the bleeds, when good then install bleeds and tighten down(don't snap them),ensure the rubber O-rings/seals are still on the screws/on the bleed holes.
5.Suck some water out so it's not full to the brim, replace the cap and then start the car. Run her up and check for heat from the vents when warm and check if over heating still persists.
6.If good then check the water level again in the morning when cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts