BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a E60 525d with the M57N TU engine that has had an increased emissions warning but last night I got reduced power warning too

Pulled the codes using INPA 4212, 4222, 4232, 4242, 4252, 4262, 4501 and 93BD, D68E

I know the 42.. ones are for the glow plugs, 4501 is egr (the whole egr cooler and egr have been cleaned) - not sure what the other two are for one maybe for tel/mulf

I have checked the the glow plugs and replaced two faulty ones (from an earlier code 4222, 4252)

I have tried two replacement GP controllers (both BMW but not new - known to be working) and checked as much as I can.

Can anyone shed light on the matter

other points that might be helpful - when the engine gets to 60 degrees the reduced power goes out (i will check it again today) and if I move the GP controller wiring about - the increased emission eml goes off if reset and stays off but comes back. Might be wiring issue - not sure how to check this though.

All help will be gratefully received

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
DIS gave this amongst other things - on starting as asked by DIS to complete some control system tests for the glow plug error the clock got reset but car started fine. Did have a charger on the battery but put it down to low battery charge as only done local runs couple of miles. Might be something might not.

Think I will do the DIS diagnostics again once the battery has been fully charged.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Battery charged and refitted - checked for power at GP controller from alternator (12v fine) and power to pin 5 (fine with ignition on 12v). Replaced vacuum pump outer seals (had it to do anyway as part of the increased emissions issue) and think the increased emissions check engine light has gone but reduced power half engine light comes on and fault codes for all glow plugs left on as before

Anyone with any ideas what to check please.

edit - I’ve let it idle and sure enough at 60c it reduced power light goes out

4501 code showing as exhaust gas recirculation negative deviation air mass too high

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do mate and hopefully it can be seen as I don’t hear anything hissing around this area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts