BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Are you referring to the floor ripping/splitting where the diff housing secures to the chassis?

There is a repair procedure for this on the forum somewhere:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
A friend of mine had this happen on his 2001 ish E46 323ci.

BMW will rectify this due to it being so common, but you will have to kick up a fusss. BMW wanted about £3K off my mate for the repairs IIRC. However, my friend researched the issue on the www and found that this was a serious fault affecting the E46 cars and that some people were getting this done under good will/BMW Uk paying the dealers for the repairs to be carried out to affected cars. Armed with this evidence and a short fuse he made some noise at the dealership after which the dealer did not charge him for the repairs.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Think yours is allright Kevin.

2000 W reg cars seem to be the last ones before it was altered by BMW...
Phew, held my breath for a very long time then!!:)

Thanks, happy chappy again - but what a worry this is as these cars get older! Something to look out for and steer clear of for some I should imagine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys i just been to the garage 2day to get my tracking done and a knocking noise on reverse...to my horror i found out that my subframe on the rear left had cracked and fell apart which was causing me all my problems...so i ask about cost and repair and he says between £400-£500 to repair...the thing is i love my car and iv only had it a few months and im credit crunched...where do i go from here as i only have limited funds, is thier any cheap places to get the car repaired to a good standard...also me driving the car in this condition will it have anymore impact on the car
(as in more damage).

ps. I got BMW E46 SALOON 318i Wreg, and im from east london.

cheers guys hope to here from u soooooooooooooooooooon....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.