BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may or may not know.... i recently sold my repainted e36 coupe....

unfortunately i cant get enough of rear wheel drive...

and a bargain popped up that i couldnt refuse....

YOU WILL HAVE SEEN THIS CAR BEFORE....

DAN DK's old BMW e46 Saloon 320se.. 2.2litre 6 cylinder automatic.

I know all you guys wanna see the pics... so here we go......

the first batch is the old owners pics from when he owned it... but the first update will be coming soon ;)

keep your eyes peeled 8)

SO..... as per usual... criticisms, complaints, comments... all welcome.

i'd love to see what you think...

1st update coming soon 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you thank you thank you guys....

and im not sure if a wheel change is on the cards just yet... but i do have another set of bbs's in the garage that are due a refurb... so you never know.... why? dont you like these wheels?

1st well... begining of an update....

In true teaser fashion...

THIS... is how today started at 9AM.....

BUT... you will have to wait till tomorrow for the update... because i havnt finished yet ;) lol

keep your eyes peeled :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is 1 sweet sweet car and personally cant see any reason why you would want to change the wheels
They are the DOGS !!! as said to dk many times,Got youself a beut there

·
Registered
293 Posts
i wouldn't change the wheels, but alot of people change wheels first when its a well known car to put there own personal touch on it. which looks like matt is doing because his started a build thread on it. i love the way the loon looks as it is but it will always be known as dan's car as it stands. whatever plans matt has for the car will only better it so good luck to him and cann't wait for the updates!

but i do have another set of bbs's in the garage that are due a refurb
whats these other bbs uve got matt???

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I think I will be watching this one!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have seen this car in alot of pictures before but cannot think where maybe on AB25 forum

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats these other bbs uve got matt???
i have a set of BBS RC041 & RC042's.... 17x7J front...and 17x8.5J rears.... they are he staggered fit ones off the E36 328... BUT... i have split them and started paint stripping them.. but there is a hell of a lot of paint on there where they have been painted in the past... so i figured i would send them off to a proper place.. to be shot/sandblasted and then powdercoated and have the dishes polished again... but then the bolts are knackered so i would need to buy new bolts for them etc etc etc...

eventually i will do it i think lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't Dan run 12k hids or something that were way too blue.

Having the car wrapped would be drastic change to make it your own and I agree the wheels suit it
yep, the hids are very very blue... i may change them for at 8k... because the angel eyes are a bluey/white led.. so i dont want to go 6000k, it may look too white...

very true about the wrapping... however i am actually a sales rep for a paint company.. and deal with local bodyshops on a day to day... so have a lot of friends in the trade... so if anything.. it would be getting painted... not wrapped... NOT that im saying its definately going to happen :) but i colour changed my old bmw e36... so its always a possibilty... just depends on time and funding....

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have a set of BBS RC041 & RC042's.... 17x7J front...and 17x8.5J rears.... they are he staggered fit ones off the E36 328... BUT... i have split them and started paint stripping them.. but there is a hell of a lot of paint on there where they have been painted in the past... so i figured i would send them off to a proper place.. to be shot/sandblasted and then powdercoated and have the dishes polished again... but then the bolts are knackered so i would need to buy new bolts for them etc etc etc...

eventually i will do it i think lol
If you want the barrels polished don't get them shot blasted. You want them acid dipped. Shot blasting will leave pitting all over and it's a $hit to get rid of, mine were done in the past which was a nice surprise when I came to polish them

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so as i was saying... this is how it began....

and a few shots without the big mug in the way lol

US spec running lights... the side light bulb holders have been taken out and a hole drilled in to the indicator lense.. and the wiring extended... :)

HIDs... slightly too blue for me... i believe they are 12k... easy swap tho tbh...

SO... the process of today was to start de-GAYing the car....

get rid of the things i wasnt over keen on.. and start the proceedings of putting my own little touches on it...

i'll let the pictures do the talking....

stickers

white centre console surround stands out like a sore thumb...

i like the stereo but the surround looks hideous...

nav too ;)

nice bbs's... shame about the stickers tbh...

gay ///M badges...

smashed camera in the lower front bumper grill...

bad wiring in the bay....

MORE STICKERS!!!.. if i take these off, do i lose 10 bhp? lol

SO.... it began.....

sorry bimmerforums fans.....

i VERY nearly left this one on....

but then i thought... its a new car... fresh start... just whip all the old ones off and start from fresh.. so that went too!

gay faded bbs stickers can go... (excuse the dirty wheels!!! i hadnt cleaned it yet)

THEN.... after 2 scissor jacks... 1 trolley jack... 2 house bricks... and 4 axle stands.... i finally got it up in the air... what a MISSION!

gave it a proper clean... all inside the back of the wheels... underneath the arches... all the gravel and dirt of the coilies... etc etc...

looks fresh...

however, i didnt finish till very late... so i only manged to snap some pics wth my friend who has a coupe version of the e46 :)

SO.... today i installed the LED number plate lights... as you can see above.. the proper SMD ones.. not just the bulbs... very bright!!!

also, it already had angel eyes in it but they wernt wired up.. so i put them on...

and to go with that... i wired the side lights into the interior light loom... so when you lock and unlock the car... the angels, and the us running lights all come on for a few seconds and then fade out... pretty cool if you ask me ;)

and then the following day i snapped some pics of the other bits when it was a bit lighter...

black centre console surround....

de- gayed steering wheel

and headlight switch..

shot of the led plate lights...

redirected the ipod lead from the centre console into the little cubbyhole to the right of the steeringwheel....

and FINALLY.... how it looks with the angel rings and the amber running lights on...

sorry for the quality of the pictures by the way... i only use my iphone.... i can never bring myself to actually invest in a camera lol...

so..... what do you think? its a slow but sure start... but it will get there....

comments welcome as always....

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's always good to wipe away old work done on a car to make it your own and as you say make fresh start. It looks and sits very smoothly and subtlely :thumbsup

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks tidy mate. Good start to your project. The only thing I would probably change on the interior is the silver trim. Piano black would look cool in my opinion (mind you I would say that as I have piano black trim :D)

On a bit of a side note, what's Dan driving now? Has he stuck with a BM?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts