BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e46 rear subframe Technical Service Bulletin

Tags
bulletin
13K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  BMW325TI 
#1 ·
This is about the known problem with the subframe mounts ripping out of the floor, see here

#4 ·
It's the early e46's, they were strengthened around the year 2000, the M3s should have added plates already to beef the area up,

I've seen 2 myself that have gone, both 4 doors, one was a W reg(2000) 328i, the other a 318i also on a W.

#19 ·
spent 19 hours the other weekend cutting the floor out of mine, and welding 3mm thick, 1 inch square box section (x2) onto the top of both sides, and welding a 5mm plate to the back of the n/s/r mount, capping it with 3mm over the hole! only found out after it was warranty! but at least i know its done right! expanding foam my arse!

#26 ·
I'd say you have to drop the exhaust off its hanger so you can get a clear view. Just had my subframe mounts repaired and reinforced this week. Garage have taken pics and will be mailing through to me - if and when I receive I will post up an example pic here in case of benefit to anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.