BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the early e46's, they were strengthened around the year 2000, the M3s should have added plates already to beef the area up,

I've seen 2 myself that have gone, both 4 doors, one was a W reg(2000) 328i, the other a 318i also on a W.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thought they would've learnt from the e36 subframe issue (which I'm in the process of doing), any word on the newer 3 series as my bro in law just got an 07 one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
its an absolute joke, expanding foam, thats gonna do loads ..... :-%

i would demand the re-enforcement plates and i would want photos taken during work so they could show me how well they did it

·
Registered
45 Posts
i beleive so but i know of one that was REGISTERED 2000 july and it was affected
but it is unlikely it was actually built after about march actually

·
Registered
45 Posts
print the attatchment file at the start of this topic, as its evidence its a recall issue, well not a recall as such, but if it does go wrong then they'll repair, it otherwise they wont be interested unless its actually occured, they should fix it for free if your lucky

·
Registered
691 Posts
Will do, cheers. Might have a gander along tomorrow and chat up the dealer.
Need to do a few things to this car along the way, so this'll be a starting point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
spent 19 hours the other weekend cutting the floor out of mine, and welding 3mm thick, 1 inch square box section (x2) onto the top of both sides, and welding a 5mm plate to the back of the n/s/r mount, capping it with 3mm over the hole! only found out after it was warranty! but at least i know its done right! expanding foam my arse!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hmmm, mr unhelpful at my dealership said they want the car for the day.not useful, as i dont have a magic carpet to get to work on and they want £76+vat for HALF an hour to check it...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts