BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, firstly im new to this, i dont have an m3 but am looking to buy one now, ive found one for a good price and good condition but its missing the "running in service" its had all the other services since, and im assured by the owner that he has been told by bmw that if it was going to go wrong because of this it would of already, its done under 50k, can anyone help me???

·
Banned
478 Posts
hi, firstly im new to this, i dont have an m3 but am looking to buy one now, ive found one for a good price and good condition but its missing the "running in service" its had all the other services since, and im assured by the owner that he has been told by bmw that if it was going to go wrong because of this it would of already, its done under 50k, can anyone help me???
not necessarily!.... i would make sure this vital first service has been done by BMW before parting with cash, there is plenty of choice out there at the moment so don't jump in if you are in any doubt.

·
Banned
344 Posts

I would not but an E46 M3 which has not had the run-in service done on it- period.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
M3's aside, when I have been looking at cars in general, more often than not, the running in service is missing but thereafter the sevices are complete. I can't understand why such services are ignored especially as they are usually free of labour.

·
Registered
616 Posts
apart from your house your car is the most exspensive thing you'll buy, your entitled to be picky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts