BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
M3 (E46) Wing Mirror fitting to Non M3 Car... Help With Wiring Process??? HELP!!!

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I really need some help regarding wiring up some m3 mirrors to my car.

I have a E46 323 CI (2000) and have standard mirrors on it. I recently bought a pair of genuine E46 M3 Auto Folding mirrors (I dont know from which year). I have had them painted and fitted to the car but unfortunately I was unable to wire them up to the existing mirror adjustment switch in the car. Both sets of mirrors (Standard and M3) are UK SPEC.

The standard mirrors have 2 Plugs. 1 plug is a 6 pin (with 5 wires - Red, Green, White and 2 Black I think) and connects to the adjustment switch directly and the other plug is a 2 pin (with 2 wires - Gray/Yellow and Gray/White) and connects to another plug which disappears behind the door.

The M3 mirrors I have bought have a large 12 pin connector. There are 9 wires of various colours (10 on passenger side mirror - extra white wire is 10th wire) on the mirrors and they don't all match up to the current wire colours on my standard mirrors.

Does anybody have/know the wiring setup details of each mirror? If I know what each colour wires purpose is or what it does on each mirror (standard and M3) then I should be able to match up what they do and have the electric mirrors working.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S I found one wiring write up on e46 Fanatics forum but this is a US/EURO based forum I think and the wire colours do not match up and coincide with the wire colours on my mirrors.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
P.S I found one wiring write up on e46 Fanatics forum but this is a US/EURO based forum I think and the wire colours do not match up and coincide with the wire colours on my mirrors.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!!
Was it this guide that you found ??, seems pretty indepth (section 9 talks about the wires you need and which ones you dont):

http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=6

Although, there was quite a few threads there with the same question as yours but with no answers :eek - seems to be the 6 or 12 pin connector thing - Good luck :thumbsup

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything??? This seems to be a hard subject... Where would I be able to find out any info regarding this problem??? AT A BMW DEALER??? Any Manuals or books???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I all,
i just bought a upgraded control panel switch with all the buttons on it. But it didn't have the connection plug at the back. I just wanted to know if I can use the old plug to connect it at the back. ( I didn't have the rear blind but also bought that)
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts