BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a set of M3 18's to go on my 2004 compact sport I think they'ed look the dogs danglies :hihi, I think they should fit dont no if anyone can advise me other wise? seeing as the rears are only 10mm wider.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The E46 uses a mixture of 3 and 5 series offsets so as a rule do not fit:thumbsup

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the reply, even though its not what i wanted to hear lol. :(

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I expect they can be made to fit but it's not just as simple as bolt them on and off you go:thumbsup

I should imagine you would need to replace the tyres and stretch narrower ones onto the RYM and have the rear arches rolled:confused

I'm sure you would have rather heard the news than bought the wheels and then find out there is extra expense involved and still the possibility that they don't fit:rofl

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I expect they can be made to fit but it's not just as simple as bolt them on and off you go:thumbsup

I should imagine you would need to replace the tyres and stretch narrower ones onto the RYM and have the rear arches rolled:confused

I'm sure you would have rather heard the news than bought the wheels and then find out there is extra expense involved and still the possibility that they don't fit:rofl
Yh thats true enough, are you sure the arches would need work considering ive seen a few compacts with the 18" mv2's fitted. plus the tyres sizes on there at the moment are 225 front and 245 rear and these 18's are sed to be 225 front and 255 rear so that shuldnt create a problem?

thanks agen

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Yh thats true enough, are you sure the arches would need work considering ive seen a few compacts with the 18" mv2's fitted. plus the tyres sizes on there at the moment are 225 front and 245 rear and these 18's are sed to be 225 front and 255 rear so that shuldnt create a problem?

thanks agen
the m3 offset is completly different to the standard e46

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm damnit doesnt seem this is going to work :mad:mad

cheers 4 the replys :thumbsup

·
Registered
773 Posts
hi mate i have a bmw e46 316ti compact and just got some 18inch mv3's check them out they mint look better . they the new design on all the new bmw. the tyres are 225/40/18 front and back

·
Registered
773 Posts
one more thing when u order them they will ask your car make like they did to me to make the offset right. thats if ur getting new. i got my wheels from wheelbase

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive just been to try some e46 M3 18's on my 2004 e46 compact and they fitted slightly proud of the arches at the rear but cleared everything no rubbing etc

Reactions: RYM

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Could you be a diamond and post up photo's:thumbsup

Is your car lowered?

Is there any rubbing when car has passengers in it?

Is there any rubbing on full lock both ways?

Your input is very much valued:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im affraid I dont have any deacent pics as I havnt bought them yet as I am negotiating :silly but i did turn from lock to lock and they did not touch or rub anything, I was intending to reduce the tyre profile as well which would improve this further. If I get them I shall post pics up :thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Im affraid I dont have any deacent pics as I havnt bought them yet as I am negotiating :silly but i did turn from lock to lock and they did not touch or rub anything, I was intending to reduce the tyre profile as well which would improve this further. If I get them I shall post pics up :thumbsup
As a rule they don't fit but if you say they do then I would like to know as I can use this in the future as this question is always cropping up:thumbsup

How far out of the arch did they sit?

Is you car lowered?

I presume you checked front and rears with passengers?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nope its not lowered, I ddnt check with a passenger but even with a full car it doesnt drop hardly atall, and was probably about 20mm give or take

·
Registered
233 Posts
I reckon its something to do with your springs etc, as my car is ok when stationary or going over a flat road theres no rubbing but once you hit a bump or hole then the tyres rub at the rear, I do get an awful lot of tramlining though and think I will lower the fronts to 215 or 205 providing I can get the rears to fit with 225s and no rubbing

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well ive sports suspension dont not how much of a difference that makes because ive never compared it, but im not buying them now as my insurance company wants an extra £120!!! on top of the neer £2000 ive already paid them :jaw-dropping, so i'll probably wait till september and try again :hihi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts