BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am new to the forum and came here to ask fellow owners if anyone has had this problem before. I can take the key out of my 2002 316i, and still play the radio and operate the windows. The battery never runs down as I switch these off. My dealer says he has never come across the problem, and if I bring it in for an hour, he will charge me about a ton, but doesn't guarantee he will find the problem. Bit of a liberty really. Any help would be much appreciated, as I have not found anyone who has come across this problem before. The strange thing is that it doesn't seem to do any harm to the battery, but the problem still nags in the back of my mind. Many thanks for reading this, and all help will be gratefully recieved.
Colin

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a time delay for power to turn off completely...usually a few minutes. For the windows, opening the door will interrupt this sequence. Try it out to see if this is the case.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Everything works for me for a further few minutes after turning the engine off and taking the key out, my cars an e36.

I would have thought the dealer would have already spoken to you about this, if not sounds like he could be trying to get an easy buck.

After turning the engine off and taking the keys, leave the car as it is for 20 minutes and if everything still works then maybe something is up, but I'd say by then everything won't be working as the time cut off would have passed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.