BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone let me start off by saying we have all seen the many people saying about the car being lower on the drivers side in the UK by up to 10mm however what if your car is sitting lower on the drivers side by more than 10MM?
The car is a 318CI SE 2005 cabri

After checking the:
Shocks
Coils
Sub-frame (for cracks or bends)

Also to counter this I tried getting coil-overs to adjust each side I only managed to get close enough when the drivers side was max height and the passenger was on the lowest setting. How could this be?
Both the plastic plates that sit on the springs are the same size and im aware you can get thicker ones however if the above didnt work surely neither will this.

What else could it be?
One thing I have noticed is that one of my swing arm spring holders bounced more when i push it down other than that both sides are exactly the same.
I can provide picture once the sub-frame is back in however at this point in time im so confused.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello everyone let me start off by saying we have all seen the many people saying about the car being lower on the drivers side in the UK by up to 10mm however what if your car is sitting lower on the drivers side by more than 10MM?
The car is a 318CI SE 2005 cabri

After checking the:
Shocks
Coils
Sub-frame (for cracks or bends)

Also to counter this I tried getting coil-overs to adjust each side I only managed to get close enough when the drivers side was max height and the passenger was on the lowest setting. How could this be?
Both the plastic plates that sit on the springs are the same size and im aware you can get thicker ones however if the above didnt work surely neither will this.

What else could it be?
One thing I have noticed is that one of my swing arm spring holders bounced more when i push it down other than that both sides are exactly the same.
I can provide picture once the sub-frame is back in however at this point in time im so confused.
Front or rear? Still. It's going to be springs either way. A crack big enough to give you a 10+ mm gap would be hard not to notice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts