BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

After picking up a E46 Coupe Facelift for a good price, the previous owner has 5 spoke E90 rims on it.

I'm interested in picking up some CSL Style/Reps for it, can anyone advise me what would be best for 18s on this vehicle? 8 x 18 front + 8.5 x 18 Rear?

A BMW Indy I recently had service my vehicle and carry out maintenance told me that I may need to adjust ride height to accommodate these rims due to some kind of stance, I am new to modifying vehicles as I normally prefer to keep things OEM - So I appreciate any advice.

These are what I'm looking at unless anyone can suggest anything better in this price range - CSL Style Reps

Many thanks,

Alex

Edit: I have 225/40ZR18 Front Tyres and 255/35ZR18 Rear Tyres

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have Breyton GTS race wheels on my e46 330ci and I can say that the Offset is absolutely on the MAX at the rear!! And I mean the Legal MAX, been tested by German TÜV with paperwork but still rubs when fully loaded!! (My missus rarely travels in the car :))

255/35 R18, 8.5 and ET35.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Breyton GTS race wheels on my e46 330ci and I can say that the Offset is absolutely on the MAX at the rear!! And I mean the Legal MAX, been tested by German TÜV with paperwork but still rubs when fully loaded!! (My missus rarely travels in the car :))

255/35 R18, 8.5 and ET35.
Stock suspension?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yep, M-sport suspension, I will try and find a phot But! I am not really internet competent :(

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have No probs.
Apart from a slight rubbing when extremely at MAX Weight (Probably due to worn rear rubber bearings!)

And I have the paperwork from the Tüv peeps, who tested the car by putting it on a car lift, and put rims under the diametrically opposite wheels and lowered the car giving maximum load on the suspension. Then checked for sufficient clearance between the Arches and the tyres.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have No probs.
Apart from a slight rubbing when extremely at MAX Weight (Probably due to worn rear rubber bearings!)

And I have the paperwork from the Tüv peeps, who tested the car by putting it on a car lift, and put rims under the diametrically opposite wheels and lowered the car giving maximum load on the suspension. Then checked for sufficient clearance between the Arches and the tyres.
So some eibach springs and spacers should be fine then you think

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
What et are you running at the rear.

Bearing in mind my et35 were pushed deep into the bodywork on the load test!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
This mean 47-38=9mm sticking out to outside. So if current rims fits, it should be fine with new rims. For safe you could measure how gap you have left....with current rims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts