BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently become aware that my sound system is crap... for a car of this nature i expected a lot better, so i have decided to get it all changed myself.

The question is what & which...

do i need any special kind of adaptors or reducers for the speakers im going to change.... what kind of and which speakers would i need? i.e how many? tweeters? etc..and can any one recommend anything for me? ive been told focal 3 way components are very good. but what other speakers etc would i need?

is there any i need to be aware of before buying equipment for this car? expected problems or anything like that?

also ive read a sub & amp cant really be used with out cutting holes? or there might be lack of sound etc?

how difficult woulld it be to have a sub & amp added? can any one recommend something that would be suitble for my car as i dont want to lose the boot.

thank you in advance for any help

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi mate, Ive just changed my whole e46 cab setup, Ive got a pioneer ipod compatible head deck,13cm Kevlar pioneer components up front with the adapter plates(£10 halfords)these are being ran by a 4 channel JL Amp I plan on changing the rears with the same speakers in the summer as the roof will be down permently:p lol,I can also run these on my jl amp for crystal clearness, I have a 2500watt 10" pioneer sub(800watts rms) in a slot ported box with a vibe slick 7 amp running it, Ive ported the rear ski hatch with a port from ebay so when the roof is down there is still plenty of bass. Few links attached for all this gear if any of it tickled your fancy.

http://www.caraudio4less.net/ts-c136c-90-p.asp

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/6666/referer/rc_froogle.html

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....783873&cguid=98523b1011e0a0e203420fa2fbef6bf2

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi sounds like you have dimantled most of your car to get all this in. I need to remove the nearside boot lining to get at the various amps and stuff in there (got a fm problem) - can you give any tips on removing this?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Coupe Crusader.
Im ganna be changing all the speakers in my E46 rag top (as they are sh#te) asap with 2 way pioneer speckers. The first link you have posted above showing the Pioneer TS-C136C, the tweeters have a casing. Does this casing come off so that can be fitted inplace of the factory tweeter near the door handle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Shop around for these speakers, some websites are alot cheaper then others, beware of reconditioned speakers etc tho. Some forum members wont appreciate my way of putting these tweeters in.lol. They are a snug fit inside the exsisting tweeter housing but to ensure they stay there you can gaffa tape or using the small holes already in the housing either side you can put a small cable tie through to secure the tweeter in. once the door cards off you can see how it will all fit.
Find a snug little place for the crossover box inside the doorcard, use adhesive like no more nails etc or something a little cheaper which will stick it but can be removed if you decide to remove your i.c.e.

I tweaked my settings earlier because i had the roof down and wow they are loud! You'll love em.
Best of luck mate, Anything else give me a shout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.