BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
do you have to already have the projector type headlights or hids to install these? I have the standard lights on my car and am looking at doing an upgrade when it warms up a bit outside.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
these headlamps replace your existing ones...are you just after the angel eye option?
fitting the projector lens type makes fitting a hid kit pretty painless,so they could be viewed as an investment

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
I wouldn't mind having super bright lights that can outshine the Audis on the country roads that dazzle me every night and angel eyes too.

I just don't know what kit I need - any suggestions?

Sorry to hijack the thread but it saves creating a ne one since we seem to be after the same thing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Me too on my old 5, bought them on ebay from a Hella distributor paid 600 quid (unplug plug in new, took about 20 minutes, including ten minutes to retrieve a bolt from inside the car.....), BMW wanted 3-6000 pounds..........

Tom

·
Registered
753 Posts
Depends what you want mate . If you want to fit angel eyes to your existing lights you have to heat them up to get the glue sticky as they are sealed on your type headlights if i remember right and then buy a HID kit. Or could buy a set of projector angel headlights then add a HID kit.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Depends what you want mate . If you want to fit angel eyes to your existing lights you have to heat them up to get the glue sticky as they are sealed on your type headlights if i remember right and then buy a HID kit. Or could buy a set of projector angel headlights then add a HID kit.
was hoping there would be a unplug and plug set out there.

So the projector angel eye kit is that for standard bulbs but with a lens in front of the standard bulb?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Here's a plug and play kit at the top, if you see the scroll down options you can include Xenon Lights in the plug and play Angel Eye kit, bit pricey though, depends what your budget is!

http://www.kudosbmw.co.uk/products.asp?cat=126

·
Registered
753 Posts
Good find, but i found its cheaper to get them from ebay.com
Thats were im going to order a set from when its pay time again. Have a look see on there im sure there would be some for 4 doors. The ones i found for 2 doors has ccfl angel eyes and xenon upgrade and works out £347 including shipping to uk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.