BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, would appreciate some advice, just had to replace both Pirelli rossos on both front 18" MV rims due to corrosion inside causing damage to tyres and loss of pressure every couple of days.Tyre company treated rims and said to check pressure weekly.

The tyres I had to bin had at least 9 mths wear left. Any advice on long term solution

Cheers

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Normally the alloy corrodes causing the surface to bubble up which creates gaps between the wheel and the tyre. What damage was supposedly caused to the tyre due to this?

Did they show you the damage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inner wall of tyre creased, other one had scored the rubber and caused beading. They showed me the both tyres.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Inner wall of tyre creased, other one had scored the rubber and caused beading. They showed me the both tyres.
I know what you mean now. The results were due to the tyre being run on very low pressure.

I had to replace both my rear tyres due to having a nail go through one and as a result I ran it flat without realising. Lucky enough the tyre place I use was on my route home and I came out 600 quid lighter:eek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, useful info . Will make sure I check pressures at least weekly.
New to forums some great info and advice. Very impressed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts