BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cd player in the boot of my E46 and it has stopped working. Will not eject the cartridge - no life what so ever. I do not know if it is a problem with the player or loss of supply to it. Any tests I can do to see if the player is OK ??

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It's powered from the head unit so check the head unit is working first. There's the main fuse in the box, plus a second one on the back of the head unit in amongst the connections, and then a third one in the autochanger itself. If you take the autochanger out you'll see an odd sort of bolt on piece to what is otherwise an ordinary Alpine changer - there is a small form 5a fuse in there iirc.

Beyond that - they freeze up if they get stuck trying to change discs which can have the same appearance as having no power. In which case strip the casing off and apply lithium grease to all the moving parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fuse was OK so I took it to pieces to see if there was anything obvious - nothing - put it back together but have two screws left !!! and it works just fine. No idea what the problem was - bloody electronics.
Thanks for the advice everyone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts