BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I recently changed the expansion tank because of an accident, back to oem, also changed the upper hose to the tank but the tips won’t meet up at the right spot for some reason and can’t find anything about these issues or pictures of how it should be. I changed a couple other parts too but now the lower hose on the tank is pushing up against the pulley, and I don’t see a way around it or to move it. Could the expansion tank be wrong or something with the mount? Also could the upper hose not be fitting because the tank is wrong possibly?
Thanks again, any and all help is really appreciated
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
have you fitted tank properly i had a bit of a problem with mine,plus did you push some thing in re accident.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything lines up perfectly except that… so I looked and everything is straight… pulled on the front frame area and nothing changed

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Can it be the wrong tank.
It is strange as the car doesn't look to bad at all definitely not bent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can it be the wrong tank.
It is strange as the car doesn't look to bad at all definitely not bent.
That’s what I had thought now.. but it came from Bmw dealership and they had my vin number and all right information so.. I’m stumped too

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Double check the part number of the one they gave you.
Realoem will tell you.(link just in case)..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely will do that, thanks! And yea nothing was bent on the frames or holders.. but had to replace everything on the cooling system as my radiator and everything broke too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely will do that, thanks! And yea nothing was bent on the frames or holders.. but had to replace everything on the cooling system as my radiator and everything broke too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
might be nothing but have you checked it is right tank.
Yea, oem tank checks out, matches everything.. so completely stumped.. about why the two hoses don’t line up and also why the other hose is rubbing

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
We are blaming the tank but is the rad correct.
Could that top hose be slightly off the mark sort of positioning wise if you get what i am saying.
One part is wrong has to be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are blaming the tank but is the rad correct.
Could that top hose be slightly off the mark sort of positioning wise if you get what i am saying.
One part is wrong has to be.
I will check that and the numbers on it, but it’s supposed to be oem too.. I can take the tank mount off and see if that makes the difference and make a new mount but idk how much it would help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts