BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning people!
Sorry if these kinda' questions come up quite a lot but I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything 100% solid, or maybe I just didn't look hard enough? ;)
Eitherway, got a few Angel Eye related questions that should be simple to answer.

1 - Mounting - I'm assuming it'll be safe to mount the earth and box somewhere on the outside of the top left strut but wanted to be 100% unless there is a more "specific" point on the 325Ci, pics would be nice if there is?

2 - Battery - I assume it's fine to leave this connected, I was just wondering since tapping the ECU and taking the 13mm Bolt off of the battery terminal with it connected sounds iffy.

3 - Speaking of tapping the ECU, I've ordered some T-Taps since finding them in the UK at places like Halfords etc was impossible, I assume they are fairly safe to use and simple "push until click", just wanted to make sure there are no horror stories associated with them of cutting through ECU wires etc "gulp.

Apart from that I'm good to go!

Thanks in advance for the help guys! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are making it sound more complicated than it really is to fit :hihi. Have you got a facelift coupe and are the lamps sealed units?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'll play the waiting game then ;)

I'm fairly well versed in the "installation" areas, more than anything I just wanted to get a few little worries into the light before doing anything drastic.

Did a few searches for the above but wasn't lucky, ah well :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
You don't have to disconnect the battery, the inverters will fit behind the main harness running on top of the lamps, and the lenses just clip off. Make you way to the meet on Sunday in Shepperton and we will fit them for you :thumbsup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks NealP, very kind of you to provide some insight :)

As mentioned, the actual "installation" isn't a problem for me, I just had a few specifics I wanted to clear up, so the battery doesn't need disconnecting, that's good to know.

My question about grounding relates to this picture...

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q190/chat-town/DSC01020.jpg

As you can see he's grounded the box on that seemingly random spot without any apparent issue, however, the FastM guide stated to ground the box on the negative battery post to avoid problems, this was on an M3 however...

So it's pretty much safe to ground in the same kinda' place as the above photo? or is there a better place on the 325?

I never had an issue with unclipping the lights at all, that was something I had to do the other day, annoyingly, when a bulb fell inside the headlight housing :p

My question about the T-Tap was purely "peace of mind" to ensure I don't mess up the ECU.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhh sorry mate, should have been more specific! :)

I know it should be nice and pain free but it's in my nature to enquire about the finer details :p

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
You are making it sound more complicated than it really is to fit :hihi. Have you got a facelift coupe and are the lamps sealed units?
Its not complicated one bit!! Specially if you get someone else to fit....:shifty:;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts