BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried searching the forums, and think I have come up with the need to replace Camshaft Position sensors on both the inlet and exhaust side going by my codes. However just would like a sense check from someone who knows these cars.

My car is 2001 and recently had Head gasket replaced. Since I have had it back car has been a bit jekyll and hyde. Sometimes it runs nicely with full power, others it struggles below 3k and generally feels down on power. I got the codes using a generic OBD2 reader - P0011 and P0014 came out. These are by my understanding pointing towards cam sensors...

...However I have this worry that as the head has been off that the timing could be mis-aligned. Ordinarily I would take it back to the garage, however they were pretty poor and only went there as the dealer I bought it off was paying at the time.

My theory is that because it sometimes works well sometimes doesn't electrical fault seems more plausible, whereas if it was timing then surely it would never run correctly? Does this sound sensible?

I'd really appreciate any help or views anyone has to this essay!

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried searching the forums, and think I have come up with the need to replace Camshaft Position sensors on both the inlet and exhaust side going by my codes. However just would like a sense check from someone who knows these cars.

My car is 2001 and recently had Head gasket replaced. Since I have had it back car has been a bit jekyll and hyde. Sometimes it runs nicely with full power, others it struggles below 3k and generally feels down on power. I got the codes using a generic OBD2 reader - P0011 and P0014 came out. These are by my understanding pointing towards cam sensors...

...However I have this worry that as the head has been off that the timing could be mis-aligned. Ordinarily I would take it back to the garage, however they were pretty poor and only went there as the dealer I bought it off was paying at the time.

My theory is that because it sometimes works well sometimes doesn't electrical fault seems more plausible, whereas if it was timing then surely it would never run correctly? Does this sound sensible?

I'd really appreciate any help or views anyone has to this essay!

Matt

Have you ever figured it out? I have exactly same problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
im having same kind of problem with our 316ti:(

guttless under 3k ive got p0341 and p001 codes showing changed the sensor still all there load of crap doing my head in lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts