BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
So the problem im having with the engine is this:
If i floor it in 2nd to about 4400rpm and i shift into 3rd the engine looses power, starts shaking, and runs very rough, like it lost 2 cylinders. I stop and let it idle, (it idles rough, etc.) give a litle gas in neutral and after cca. 10 seconds everything is normal, runs like nothing ever happened. Btw no engine lights or codes.
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi
So the problem im having with the engine is this:
If i floor it in 2nd to about 4400rpm and i shift into 3rd the engine looses power, starts shaking, and runs very rough, like it lost 2 cylinders. I stop and let it idle, (it idles rough, etc.) give a litle gas in neutral and after cca. 10 seconds everything is normal, runs like nothing ever happened. Btw no engine lights or codes.
As it seems to me it happens when upshifting, when inbetwen shifts rpm rises over redline, i guess.
Maybe i just need to shift slower, but anyway had any of you guys had simmilar problem? What might be the couse of it? Possibly fuel supply isue?

Thanks a lot!
Any idea what condition your injectors are in? Can you look at the selective mass adjustment in inpa?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea what condition your injectors are in? Can you look at the selective mass adjustment in inpa?
Hi
I had injector out last week, visualy they looked fine, i cleaned the tip with carb cleaner.
Yes i can look in inpa what should i be looking at?
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll have to fire inpa up to let you know exactly but your looking for something along the lines of selective mass adjustment in the engine section, it shows you how much the injectors are having to adjust to balance the engine. Have you checked for any leaks in the vacuum and air intake system? Is your site filter in good order? Any idea on the condition of the turbo? An error code read from inpa would be a good thing to do if you haven't done it already.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent chacked for leaks but i changed some vacume hoses that had riped braded sleeve, the intake was resealed as i was changin the VCG, filter is new, a also chacked the turbo and it didnt have any play, no error codes in inpa last time i checked.
I will connect inpa and try to finde the parameters.
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so today i checked some values, the engine was at operating temperature.
The thing i noticed was that current air mass was much higher than desiered.
Note that the engine has deleted EGR and swirl flaps.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
There looks to be no obvious issues with the injectors which is a good thing, have you tried running the car with the MAF disconnected? If not, give it a shot and see how it goes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, will definitely try that, and make some further tests on the engine and try to get more info when and how the problem occurs and get back to you, hopefully find the problem🤞

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks man, will definitely try that, and make some further tests on the engine and try to get more info when and how the problem occurs and get back to you, hopefully find the problem🤞
How did you get on? Have you had a chance to look at it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update!
Managed to shoot a video of the problem.
EML is on because EGR delete, same problem occurred before delete.
Engine has new air filter, glow plugs, new seals on intake manifold, swirl flaps deleted....
I start with a pull in 2nd and when i hit 4500rpm something rattles (higher pitch sound as the phone recorded), you can also hear some ticking; as mentioned previously engine losses power, starts shaking, and sounds terrible...as you can hear and see in the video; just as i close the bonnet the noise is gone and everything is back to normal.

Any idea what could the problem be?
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like a gasket leak of some kind. Worth double checking everything you’ve had off:
  • intercooler to egr bypass pipe (is it on properly)
  • egr bypass to egr cooler / inlet manifold
  • inlet manifold correctly seated with all gaskets properly in place (ensure nothing dropped off when refitting)
  • seal on your injector. Is it seated properly? I would take the engine cover off and try to find where the blow-by is coming from

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont have egr
And the leak is very unlikly as the leaking sound goes away after 10 seconds.

I was thinking that there might be a possibility that one of the intake or exhaust valves gets stuck open, i kind of sounds like compression is leaking, and would explain engine shaking and power loss.
But as i sead this only happens when hitting 4500rpm, and the problem is gone after 10 seconds...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you check the injector values at load as well? They can look ok(be in the green) at idle but can go into red when under load

1 - 14 of 14 Posts