BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to have a look at a new car recently, and wanted to use my car as part exchange. I went to Car Giant and they only offered £2700, apparently its the auction price for my car due to the fact that I'm the third owner.
Car details:
2002 318i SE 2.0l 143BHP
Leather interior, CD changer, C/C and A/C. 17" BMW Alloys, 58k miles, FSH

I can't believe that this is an accurate pricing of the car and will be really pissed of if this is all I can expect.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with Joe. You would be much better selling privately. Ive sold and bought all my cars privately. I have sold and bought my last 3 cars on ebay. It easy and cheap to sell on ebay.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i would never trust those mugs. theives the lot of them. and as we all know of the economic slowdown they know they will get the odd person desparate to trade.

prices have gone down however at the auctions. not to the excess that they claim. i was at one last month and audi s-line avants were going for around £5k!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
p/ex is easier but you have to accept you are very rarely going ot get a dealer who will offer a respectable price for p/ex. Whole purpose of p/ex is the dealer making the maximum on the car he's selling whilst getting the p/ex for free!

Just keep trying other dealers, even smaller independant garages and some bigger dealers until you get a deal you're happy with.

A couple of weeks ago we went to p/ex my gf's 120d againt a new golf gti, dealer took the piss with the p/ex so I offered £600 less than the sticker price as an outright cash purchase. They refused, but as we drove away one of the sales guys came upto us as said they'll accept the offer, at whihc point I told them they've lost a deal ...... the week after got more than what I expected in p/ex against a very keenly priced gti at a VW dealers .................

Moral of the story, don't forget that you're in the driving seat as the customer. If the dealer(s) aren't reasonable with you then keep trying elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.