BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there... i have a bmw convertible for which the roof is in excellent conditition apart from on the rear on the stitching that round around the roof has a small hole.... it looks like it has been bit by a rat or somethinganyway the hope doesnt go in to the roof or anything. but i just wanted to do something about it before or incase it got worse....

is there any kind of black bonding/sealent or something i can dab in the hole?
or some kind of bonding agent?

also what is the best thing to do and use to protect and clean my roof?
do i just wash with normal car wash or?

thanks inadvance

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
I use auto glym fabric hood cleaner and auto glym fabric hood protector. £20 from halfords for a pack containing both. very easy to use and it works. as for the damage on the roof, if you could post a picture that would give us a better idea of what the damage is.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi tab thank you for that i shall pop down to halfords today and get some of that.

regarding the damage, it is onlt very small but i feel if left could get a lot worse... i have uploaded some pics, any helpor advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated!.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also does any one know what has caused this? or some one has done this? bcos im sure one day it wasnt there n then thenext it was....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts