BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have 2grand to buy myself an E46 either the 316 or 318 i dont mind which. Most ive seen in this price bracket have over 100 000 on them and some up to 140 000. Is it madness to buy a car with this many miles? How many miles would one of these cars be good for tthat had been well serviced? Also what price am i looking at to get retrofit cruise if i find one without it already on. Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've just purchased a 99 318se with 135K on the clock and apart from a few little niggles everything seems to work OK. Have just driven all the way to Cornwall and back this weekend and it was a real pleasure. I guess you pay your money and take your chances to a certain degree. As already mentioned check the history, mine has a good (but not full) history and some of the bills for work done are scary, but that said all of the big jobs seem to have been done (i hope). BTW paid £1500 for mine which isn't a lot to pay for a tidy E46 model . Good luck with your search

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.