BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes,

I've just bought a 316 compact and have a load of ICE from my last car waiting to go in. Im wonderin if anyones got any good places to hide an amp? It's a Rockford fosgate punch amp, 2 channel not sure on the dimensions tbh but is a medium sized Amp.

Also I have some fosgate t1620 components which I'm planning to run from the amp, but am unsure if these will fit the new car? Also, how big of a job is it to install such speakers?

And another question (sorry...noob warning) does the car have a manufacturers amp installed a d could this be used to power some 6x9's which are already installed in the bmw?

Many thanks guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to find out the same things really. I think the front door cards accept 5.25" components but you need an adaptor plate which autoleads make for about £10, I don't know what depth of magnet will fit though.

Not sure about factory fitted external amp, I think there may be one fitted to cars with the speaker upgrade package but don't know if this ever included the E46 compact.

Let me know if you find somewhere clever to hide an amp, am just considering the hatch on the right of the boot designed for CD changer?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've got a 2002 E46 325ti Compact :thumbsup

Just not long ago finished my 4 Channel amp and front components upgrade..

First of all the best place to hide an amp is underneath the floor in the boot next to the battery :thumbsup if your battery is in the boot that is :hihi

The front doors accept 6.5" mids However i went for 5.25's and fabricated my own speaker adaptor pods

The rear speakers are limited to 5.25" however these require a VERY shallow aftermarket speaker as it is very tight!

Only the cars with the Harmon Kardon system upgrade have got an external amp :thumbsup

See my Install here...

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f8/2002-e46-325ti-compact-5-25-alpine-type-t11247/page2.html

Also here is another step by step for front speakers for your car :thumbsup

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7752173

Hope this helps guys

Reactions: compactdriver

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have fitted the ICE into my car with head unit etc only subs as the standard speakers are adequate. But because its a twin box it fits right in the back of the boot and I have the amp on the back of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.