BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Since getting my car I have had trouble with the CD Player. Its the standard, single CD BMW Business system.
The problem is that it wont play some CD's. Also, if I'm playing a CD and turn the car off, when I start the car later, that CD wont play.
Is this a common problem?
It could be that the laser is dirty...

Also the radio signal is rubbish - might just be a cheap areal.

Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not to sure about the cd but could be a dirty laser, might be worth trying a cleaner cd, the aerial is most probably down to a bad earth in the boot somewhere I had the same in my 330ci, hope this is of some. helps

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
the cd could be a dirty laser, but it is 5 years old, so it could be the mechanism broken

The ariel is connected from the HU to a box in the boot, then from the box to the airel,

to get to where the box is you need to remove the trim on the left hand side of the boot:

remove the plastic tray, two expanding rivits:

you may find it easier if you remove the plastic tray:

Then remove these two expaning rivets:

Remove the boot light, the grey plastic clip releases it:

Now if you leaver the carpet at the edges you should be able to pull it

This is where the ariel cables are, the yellow one is in the middle that goes back to HU, i think on of the other ones goes to the booster at the back of the boot then to the ariel:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow now that is a proper answer! thanks for the help! Will have a look tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha not a good move then!lol
Just looking through your guides - you have done pretty much everything I want to do to mine!
Might have to swap cars for a week or so ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts