BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with this? :confused
Its the drivers side switch unit on a saloon E46, with the rear window safety cut-out button.
I've bought a complete replacement unit but am unsure how to remove the current one, I can't see any fixings to remove the panel around the gearstick.

All help appreciated!:thumbsup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to steal your post..... is it easy to switch about the wires. On the drivers window button it seems to be wired the wrong way round. So you do the opposite to open and close. No biggy but if its simple i'd like to do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to steal your post..... is it easy to switch about the wires. On the drivers window button it seems to be wired the wrong way round. So you do the opposite to open and close. No biggy but if its simple i'd like to do it.
Just as an update to this (and a BUMP) i removed the connector but theres quite a few of the small cables going into connector i need to know which on is controlling the front window switch and what it needs to be swapped with.

Any ideas? :confused

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just as an update to this (and a BUMP) i removed the connector but theres quite a few of the small cables going into connector i need to know which on is controlling the front window switch and what it needs to be swapped with.

Any ideas? :confused
I'll get a dayshift member to help you...he has all the wiring diagrams to hand :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm not familiar with these switches, but it sounds strange for it to be wired the wrong way round.

Anyway , these are the wire details as far as I can find

Pin 1. gray/black......drivers front open
Pin 2. brown/black....earth
Pin 3. gray/red.........locator lighting
Pin 4. gray/brown.....drivers front closed
Pin 5. NOT USED
Pin 6. black/yellow....drivers rear open
Pin 7. NOT USED
Pin 8. green/blue......child safety lock
Pin 9. blue/green......drivers rear closed

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not familiar with these switches, but it sounds strange for it to be wired the wrong way round.

Anyway , these are the wire details as far as I can find

Pin 1. gray/black......drivers front open
Pin 2. brown/black....earth
Pin 3. gray/red.........locator lighting
Pin 4. gray/brown.....drivers front closed
Pin 5. NOT USED
Pin 6. black/yellow....drivers rear open
Pin 7. NOT USED
Pin 8. green/blue......child safety lock
Pin 9. blue/green......drivers rear closed
Thanks again mate :thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.