BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read numerous posts about the oil breather filters causing turbo failure.

Mines a 2004, (150) 320d m-sport, 40k on clock. First registration date is march or april 2004, I'm unsure of build date or where to find that info.

I'm just about to book the car in for an Inspect 2 service, and I know that replacing the filter isn't covered. Wondering, for an easy life whether to get it replaced while its having a service or do it myself.

Would I save myself much money by replacing it myself (parts and labour)? - I feel competent enough to have a go.

Can someone clarify if whether its better to just replace the current filter or fit the new vortex system? - If anyone has the links for the parts that would be great.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
the vortex one never needs changing again mate so is a worthwhile mod. As for changing it, it isnt a big job-mainly removing the engine covers then the unit itself. i supplied one with my last service and the garage charged me nothing to fit it as they had to take the covers off etc to change the air filter, might be worth an ask.

have a look here for a guide mate guide

·
Registered
143 Posts
Actually I thought BMW had made it part of the Inspection II now. I would ask them, and if it isn't it's no extra labour to do it whilst they have all the covers off, at a push they may just do it for the cost of the part.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Actually I thought BMW had made it part of the Inspection II now. I would ask them, and if it isn't it's no extra labour to do it whilst they have all the covers off, at a push they may just do it for the cost of the part.
You would bloody hope so :confused, only takes 5 mins and like you said sdp all the covers are already off.

:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.