BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

E46 2002 325im Sport - Tyre choice

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  leepot 
#1 ·
Recently bought the above car, currently have VW GTI turbo Golf, have been disappointed when driving the BMW at speeds 70 MPH+ as the car seems to follows the grooves in the road opposed to where you steer it! Tyre pressures are correct. The car is full BMW history and 68k miles. All the tyres are pretty good condition but the front near side is a Dunlop 9000 as the rear nearside, the offside front is an Avon as is the back. The garage have suggested the Avons always are a problem and I should replace all the tyres with Mitchelin Pilot sport star. I'm told that star is specifically for BMW's. Problem is I'm a bit skint and loathed to replace perfectly good tyres. I'm planning on replacing the front off side with a matching Dunlop from Ebay, possibly £50 part worn and leaving the back alone. Incidently, the nearside rear is getting close to the limiters.

In essence, what's a good tyre for my car? Tyre sizes are - front: 225-40-18Y, Rear - 255-35-18Y.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.