BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya could you please tell me if i have found the right leads which would connect to a cd changer. I have found 2 leads in the boot , one of which has 6 pins and the other 3 pins. I have a bmw business tape deck stereo and would like to eventually connect my ipod but was told i needed to locate the leads first. Also what lead would i need for my ipod.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Those are the correct cables for the CD Changer.

You can connect several devices either to the CD Changer connections in the boot or directly to the back of the radio (just using the CD Changer connections without all the wires). Depending on functionality you want, there are Aux in adapters form the likes of SoundGate or iPod specific adapters like the Gteway 100 or 300 from Dension, DICE or Intravee.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Those are the correct cables for the CD Changer.

You can connect several devices either to the CD Changer connections in the boot or directly to the back of the radio (just using the CD Changer connections without all the wires). Depending on functionality you want, there are Aux in adapters form the likes of SoundGate or iPod specific adapters like the Gteway 100 or 300 from Dension, DICE or Intravee.
I fitted the Dice iPod kit which I bought off ebay and can only recomment it - it also includes an aux input too so I can connect any audio device.

iPod sits it the slidey covered hole next to the hand brake (with the pen holder) with all the cables running stealthily to the connectors in the boot.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
hiya could you please tell me if i have found the right leads which would connect to a cd changer. I have found 2 leads in the boot , one of which has 6 pins and the other 3 pins. I have a bmw business tape deck stereo and would like to eventually connect my ipod but was told i needed to locate the leads first. Also what lead would i need for my ipod.
Thanks guys.
I got mine off ebay doing a search for "bmw ipod"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dice-Silverli...14&_trkparms=72:1300|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts