BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got rust bubbling through on both my front wings, I noticed it when I bought the car a fortnight ago but since I've cleaned and polished the car its gathered some pace (or I'm just being more critical as the rest of the car is clean!)

I'm tempted to have both resprayed, but I think thats happened at least once before in the cars life so am tempted just to get a couple of replacements.

But I don't know what the colour of my car is!! Its metallic black, but isn't a deep metallic like I'm used to with Audi/VW, its almost a really, really dark black/blue, so dark that its almost black.

Its hardly noticeable, can only been seen on inspection and most people would just call it metallic black but when I parked next to a metallic black passat the difference was noticeable.

Is there just cosmos black on the 3 series? Does my poor description describe it well?

And lastly, if anyone can help, do you know where I can find a replacement set of wings in good condition (any good mail order companies or traders that post!?)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno if I'm a prude and a stig at the same time but would rather have OEM but can't really justify two OEM wings together with cost of spraying. Would be silly expensive for the time being.

Just hoping to get a couple of good wings on the cheap just so the arches don't burst through with rust!

·
Registered
493 Posts
open the bonnet, and look on the passenger side strut tower it should say the colour there, the only metallic black i can think of is sapphire black metallic. have a fish through here then youve found out what its called. http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_codes_bmw.htm

I think euro car parts wings will be of oem quality, infact it does state whether they are oem or not on the site :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts