BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Possibly none, turn it off, let it cool down and then see, it may just have overheated from trying. Also if your stuck on ice/snow, you're supposed to turn the traction control off, otherwise it overheats your brakes.

Tom

·
Registered
478 Posts
In that case you may well have just overheated your system..... also you do know it's never fully off, that may be another reason it's overheated, my BM and Honda both say 'off', but it does still kick in occasionally. So perhaps yours has kicked in and overheated or something????

Tom

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have heard you can turn it off fully but it takes some rewiring :) Fingers crossed you've just fried your brakes and that's what your car is telling you, just be careful if you have until they bed in again as you may have glazed them slightly.....

Tom

FYI, Croydon (Whiteleafe) is over a foot deep as of last night.... apparetly deeper now, Canterbury is virtually clear on the main roads and Ashford is still a bit of a bugger, as is the A2/M2, Orpington is apparently not too bad.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes mate I have been having a similiar problem with my E46 2003 BM, yesterday i got stuck and have tried several times to go but was unable. The car eventually lost power and shout down but I was able to re-start. my neighbour have to help me out. My ASC was on and i did not realised i was meant to turn it off. ASC is only off when the yellow light shows in your dash board. If no yellow light is shown in your dash then it is on.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yep, you're supposed to turn it off if stuck in snow or on ice then turn it back on once you have got moving, otherwise it constantly brakes and can result in you not moving at all....

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
after trying like an idiot to get out of my road all morning i've given up! but, my dash is now lighting up like a good un. ABs, handbrake and my DSC light are all stuck on, what damage have i done?
Sounds like you either have a wheel speed sensor or an ABS module problem Deano. Need to scan the codes mate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got home from your way today after visiting my nan in bexley. The snow was about 8 inches thick. Scary in a rear wheel drive car with an auto box!:eek

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
had them read today, no faults thankfully (apart from a oil level sensor and a wing mirror open circuit). all the warning lights went off after a short drive on the way to getting my codes read.
Does this news mean we can now add a (FIXED) to your thread title?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts