BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my car, 06 320cd e46, when the (factory standard) alarm goes off it 'beeps repeatedly' as its 'Im going off' ...I only heard it for the first time the other day and its not very loud! My other BMWs have had a clear Siren sound that's much louder.

I don't like the fact it doesn't even psychologically sound like an Alarm going off!!

Is this something programmed wrong in my Car?
Has my car got a Siren?
Can it be programmed to Beep or Siren when it goes off?
Is it that I do have a Siren but its not workiing and hence it reverts to lots of Beeps to say its going off?

...I can't believe it would have left the factory with such a 'polite' alarm noise!

Any pointers anyone??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My o3 330ci is doing exactly the same. This beeping keeps sounding for no apparent reason.

I was going to post a thread myself, but saw yours and thought to join here, and if anyone replies with the info we need, they'll be killing 2 birds with 1stone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine behaves just like an Alarm should BUT the Siren noise I expect isn't there, just beeping instead, but its not loud enough to draw any real attention if it was getting broken into.

Is this what yours is doing??

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm not sure if they have 2 sounders, one main siren and a chirp sounder, but I have seen one of the coding options where the alarm can swap between continuous tones
The beeps are the US setting I believe.
I remember reading something about this while using ncsexpert, and the beeping Iirc is the us setting, the uk uses the siren.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts