BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Smart Spoiler or No Spoiler?

• Yeah it looks pretty smart!

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah keep it standard you'll look like a chav!

Votes: 9 60.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just picked up my sexy 00 330d (I'm 21) and i love it, most perfect drive ever however the car looks completely different from the two angles front and back. Because it was bought originally with the M-Tech wheels from the front it looks really sporty, from the back it looks like a normal deisel (other than the fat ass tires) and i was thinkin about putting a subtle spoiler on it, and i'm anything but a chav so i dont want it to look like i'm a prick!

So your opinion on, standard or one of these spoilers:

Obviously in my cars colour.

Like i said, I want it to stay smart and as standard and legit as possible. What do you think?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have the standard M style lip spoiler. part munder 51717894050. I think they look perfect.
Thats originally what i wanted, couldn't find a decent one though - thanks for the number i'll check it out. I do agree they do look smart and you don't get any more subtle.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Go for the lip spoiler.

I have had both. My first e46, a 2001 325i Sport came with the early aero kit and I added the bigger spoiler. Looked great IMO at the time but I think fashions have changed. My later 2004 330i Sport had the lip spoiler and I much preferred it.

All my opinion though, so don't take offence anyone out there with the bigger spoiler.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i think i will tbh, not a fan of the bigger spoilers.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go for the lip spoiler.

I have had both. My first e46, a 2001 325i Sport came with the early aero kit and I added the bigger spoiler. Looked great IMO at the time but I think fashions have changed. My later 2004 330i Sport had the lip spoiler and I much preferred it.

All my opinion though, so don't take offence anyone out there with the bigger spoiler.
out of interest how much is it to get it sprayed? (My car's silver, dont know if it's a special bmw only one, i seriously doubt it lol)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I would have the standard M style lip spoiler. part munder 51717894050. I think they look perfect.
+1

They are subtle and asthetically bang on for the style of the car

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm not sure if you can get one of these for the E46 - but please try, it will look a dream

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have the aero on mine. Looks alright. Must say that the lippy is nice though.
Liking the "interesting" wings though lads...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts