BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

just sold my 2007 vx vectra had 19s on , anyway dont want to buy brand new again lose too much money, so decided in the mean time i would buy a 5 series i ended up buying a 523i very impressed have to say but was wonering the wheels from other series i could fit have done the usual wheel fitment guides but there all different, was offered a set of mv1 alloys from a 3 series but did notice the offset was the prob any ideas real annoyed they were going for a song 18s,

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody got any alloys have cash waiting for above 5 series

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just seen the wheel fitment guide,hard to find but got it

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have you got 16's at the moment?
M5 wheels will fit - just. If you can get hold of a set of second hand ones, go for it. The inner rim is 1cm closer to the shock absorber.

It's not just the offset, E39 wheels have a unique hub diameter that makes it difficult to fit rims from other models (E34/E36 etc)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i always buy car with awkward wheel fitments the vectra 07 plate was the same would like the m5 wheels but would go for others , what wheels do you mean that are closer to the shocks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rims are bigger (circumference and width)

Circumference difference is taken up by changing the tyre profile ie going from a 225 55 16 to 225 50 17 (for example) to keep the speedo accuracy.
Middle figure (55/50) is the percentage of sidewall height to tyre width.

Width change is different, one or both edges of a wheel will be a different distance away from the centreline - (not the surface that sits flush with the brake disc) as you look at the wheel front to back.

This is the ET figure. Since a wider wheel is going on to a car body built for smaller wheels - gaps will get tight.
Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had 19s on the vx and the speedo differance was mimimal if at all i had to keep it right as i was a taxi driver and would have affected the fare price, i aint losing money lol, thought the m5 wheels would fit a treat even after lowering , so 18s and 19s are ok no probs on the 2.3i .....fingers crossed

this was mee veccy sold it for a song never again,,,

http://aberdeen.gumtree.com/aberdeen/14/32973114.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts