BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I changed a sensor, a few years ago, so am familiar with the ticking test.

I'll keep it as short as I can. It's a late 2000 530.

PDC not working - single bleep on start etc. All sensors are ticking. Now, despite what I've read, I can actually get at all eight of them. All are in trim, so no bumper removal (which would be beyond me) is needed.

I've read about water ingress. So I've had all eight out, cleaned, used WD40, hairdryer. Still the same. All tick, but it's not working.

No idea what to do, now. I was thinking of getting a front (right-angled) and a rear (straight) one, from the bay, to try replacing each sensor, one at a time. Is that a sensible idea? Can busted sensors still tick, or does the ticking mean it's a different problem?

Anything else I should try? I'm not very skilled or knowledgeable, so options may be limited. Guess I can get them to look, at the next service.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Best thing is to get the diags on and have the car tell you what it thinks is wrong. One thing to note is that a lot of aftermarket sensors, especially the cheaper end of the market, do not function correctly in BMWs. It may be that you have one or more of these fitted so they maybe make the noises but the controller doesn't like them. Diags will tell you for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts