BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am aware there are two different profiles to the mirrors on e39s and it is not clear if they relate to a particular model or year from looking at cars and reading forums. I wouldn't get too excited about this except that my car has the more rounded cover on the LHS (passenger) with asymmetrical glass and the RHS has the more angular cover with symmetrical looking glass. The car is a 2002 525i touring Japanese import ('Individual' with electric seats). The curved LHS mirror appears original and the RHS was a quick fix by the previous owner and is scruffy. Obviously I would like them to match. As I prefer the looks of the original LHS style, it makes sense to replace the scruffy drivers side.

Does any one know the correct way to specify the curved type? The mirror frame, glass and triangular mounting bracket all appear to be different between the two styles. I also suspect the triangular mounting part is plastic on the curved variety. Can anyone shed any light on where I should be looking to find a replacement mirror of the curved variety?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.