BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I wanted to find out if the following will fit on my car without any problems (ie:no spacers etc)

Front: 255/35/R19
Rear: 275/30/R19

My car has the Msport suspension.

current standard tyres are:

Front: 245/45/R17
Rear: 255/40/R17

Thanks

Dav

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Have a look in this guide for the correct size tyre for use with 19" wheels:thumbsup

http://www.rtecalloywheels.co.uk/fitment_guide.htm

235/40 19 Front

265/35 19 Rear

A 255 on the front will tram line really badly.

Staggered wheels offer the option of using a wider tyre which enables greater traction on the axle that is being driven:thumbsup

Remember also that the 5 series is very sensitive to steering issues. Some 5 series owners in the past have experienced steering wheel vibration when increasing the size of the wheel:thumbsup

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks very much for all your replies fellas but I was actually referring to the difference in tyre profile difference between the fronts and rears. Ie 235/40/19 and 265/35/19... Why are the fronts 40's and the rears 35's?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that guys, i posted a similar question on the US forum and they replied that the sizes i initially posted were ok based on my wheels:

Breyton Magic Racing / 19" x 9" All round / ET20

Little confused!

On the whole i am looking to make sure i dont get many handling issues, vibrations and rubbing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.