BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks guys for the support I am going to hook up the "hot start fix" box to help the situation and also I am going to purchase a new fuel shut off solenoid and maybe also if these 2 fixes do not work I will splash out and buy a new injection quantity adjuster also forgot to mention my pump is the bosch vp37 injection pump

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I will not give up until this engine is starting hit as it starts so we'll from cold n runs n idles fine so my firm belief is that the pump is fine but either the shut off solenoid or the injection quantity adjuster is going bad when warm causing her to struggle to start hot 馃敟 if the pump was goosed the car would struggle from cold to start also and would be sluggish on power this is an easy fix just have to narrow down the diagnosis and get technical w this engine my brother has a cav pump on his tractor also another style of rotary pump and his was goosed n he said it was hard start hot it cold and did not run well at all this is not the case with mine so something is causing her to struggle hot it's either the shut off solenoid some bad wiring the injection quantity adjuster theres something causing her grief

Registered
Both TDS engines I have experienced started well from cold but poor when hot. The e39 TDS was terrible for it and I had it from about 80 thousand miles through to 368 thousand. It was still on the original pump and the fix was eventually the cold start relay your going to do. Worked a treat and wished I had done it much earlier.
cheers
Jim

21 - 24 of 24 Posts