Hi all!

Real acceleration starts around 3000rpm
Intercooler is oily in front
There seems to be a slight oil consumption in 2000 km
Vacuum pipes (at least some of them) seem new
One can hear a slight whistle accelerating
There’s ridiculous amount of black smoke when accelerating
Diagnostics shows lack of pressure in turbo

Could the problem be with MAF or could this rich injection be caused by a faulty turbo which leaks oil into intercooler, therefore into fuel injector?

Any ideas or speculations are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Karl

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'd start by checking the air intake pipework downstream of the turbo - ie make sure the pressure side air pipe right through to the intake manifold itself are all air tight. The pipes can sometimes split - and the intake manifold itself can split along its seam, any of which would account for your symptoms above.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
if IC has oil id check boost hoses,,also vacuum lines as this will cause late turbo spool,,black smoke is un burnt fuel,,so boost leak is most obvious,,maf is reading to much air so puts more fuel in....check back when all is checked,otherwise you will be spending a fortune on maybe fixes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Evog and Rasa.
I found some time to replace the broken intercooler and check vacuum hosing from vacuum tank (which is broken off from its fixing point) over to inlet manifold. Some were looking really bad so I’m going to replace them next time I get some time in garage.
Nevertheless acceleration speed has improved greatly and I’m waiting to have all the lines replaced. Since that I haven’t seen any more black smoke, rather continuous grey smoke from exhaust. Maybe that will change after vacuum lines replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts