BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I did some research with google to any clue for my problem, but apparently there's nothing on. I'm having a problem with guidance / position:

- If I set car position manually it shows and says first turn and then goes dead (quite often navi looses direction and says left instead right)
- On a map view I can see blue triangle stuck, not moving along driving

INPA shows no error, all connections are ok, system sees 6-8 satellites (weird but sees 362 degrees W - thought there was 360 only) - according to the hidden menu on screen (widescreen) GPS is working. Looks like it doesn't recognise car movement and movement direction. Any ideas?:frown

·
Registered
880 Posts
What is the S?N ratio of the satellites? Sometimes the NAv can get satellites in it's Almanack which it thinks should be there but are not (S/N will be 0.0). If all the satelites are 0.0 S/N then try disconnecting the Nav over night (make sure the red light goes out first) then re-connect it, it can take quite a while to pickup the satellites again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All satelites' s/n values are changing never even closing down to 0.0. Almanac is present, visible satelites 8 (sometimes drops signal for few seconds from 8th satelite). I tried to disconect it, upgraded firmware, checked every single loom, programmed with DIS. GPS signal is being caught but navi sees no movement and does not update my position on the map:(

EDIT: This chap is facing the same problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jythVrk1xAw&feature=relmfu

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Refresh: I tried with second trimbler and second mk2 computer, still no luck, so I bought MK3, updated software and now it works perfect! Just plug n play and I'm having split screen now:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts