BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Ive been looking at some new wheels for my car, like the look of these 18" Borbet LS Silver, theyre the silver ones at the top of the page.

What do you think?:confused

Are Borbet any good?:confused

Is 650 (not including tyres) a good price?:confused

It mentions a wheel bracing kit- whats that all about?

I was originally gonna set myself a budget of 600 including tyres but all you can seem to get for that is replica wheels or second hand ones.
Are replica wheels worth buying?
Any help advice will be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
They're nice looking wheels mate, bit like Alpina's. I've not heard of Borbet before though so I can't help you there, I'm sure someone will be able to assist you with the wheel bracings query. If you look for long enough you can find some real bargains on Ebay, on my last E36, (very similar to yours) I found a great pair of BMW alloys with nearly brand new tyres and I picked up a set of 4 for £150!

·
Registered
77 Posts
i did have a set of 18" alpinas with tyres for 200 and no 1 wanted them

not even the chepo bk ones

had some minor marks i am gonna do them black now and keep them

them Borbets look sweet tho

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Yeah they are replicas. The genuine ones cost a fortune!
Ive had them on for 6 months and had no probs with them at all, the finish is good as well. They came balanced with the spigot rings and wheel nuts. I took them to my local tyre bay to check the balance and they were all spot on. The only prob i have with them is you have to be careful with the centre caps.
I had a set on my old E30 sport as well.
Personally i think they are pretty good for the money, i hit a massive pot hole the other day and had no damage to the rim at all, which is more than i can say about the genuine BMW MV2's i had before which cracked a rear wheel. :mad
I wouldnt recommend them if i had any doubts Stevey :thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm got me thinking bout reps now, I was under the impression that theyd be lower quality judging by the price....
Hmmm decisions, decisions:confused

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi all, Ive been looking at some new wheels for my car, like the look of these 18" Borbet LS Silver, theyre the silver ones at the top of the page.

What do you think?:confused

Are Borbet any good?:confused

Is 650 (not including tyres) a good price?:confused

It mentions a wheel bracing kit- whats that all about?

I was originally gonna set myself a budget of 600 including tyres but all you can seem to get for that is replica wheels or second hand ones.
Are replica wheels worth buying?
Any help advice will be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup
I personally would prefer to buy replica's over second hand wheels as you know you're getting a new wheel. Regardless of quality, If you hit a pot hole at speed any alloy will bend so personally I would go for a cheaper set. Wheels often become discontinued after a short space of time or altered slightly so if you were to damage a more expensive set then it is more than likely that you will have to replace the complete set anyway:frown

Borbet have been around for years:cool

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I personally would prefer to buy replica's over second hand wheels as you know you're getting a new wheel. Regardless of quality, If you hit a pot hole at speed any alloy will bend so personally I would go for a cheaper set. Wheels often become discontinued after a short space of time or altered slightly so if you were to damage a more expensive set then it is more than likely that you will have to replace the complete set anyway:frown

Borbet have been around for years:cool
Hmm I really dont know what to do...

I wanna buy these but they seem expensive to me.

A20 do you know what the wheel bracing kit is about?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.