BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any detailed instructions on how to replace a rear window screen on an E36 vert?

·
Registered
936 Posts
you might have a job as i was told they cant be replaced that was a long time a go
so might be differant now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you might have a job as i was told they cant be replaced that was a long time a go
I have a feeling you're right. I went to a garage to get an MOT done for my other car and got chatting to the guy. He was having the same issue. He ended up selling the car with a torn rear screen because he just couldn't find anyone to do it. Surely there's a solution to this! We can't be expected to change the entire hood just because the rear screen is damaged? My hood is in really good condition as well, which is really annoying!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does any one have any detailed instructions on how to replace a rear window screen on an E36 vert?
It's a T plate 1999 model by the way. Not sure if this is to my advantage or not? Hoping there is a better solution to the later models?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are a few firms that do about £200 stcs have a look at them.
Thanks. I am currently in discussion with them to have this done. At the moment, they are telling me to replace my whole hood, but the hoods in great condition and works perfect! Hopefully they can just do just the screen!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still no joy with this. Called around everywhere and they are all mostly saying they will only fit a genuine screen from BMW. Just called them up and its £472 just for the screen. Cheapest place I've found to fit an original screen is £115, so that's around £600 all in! That's insane! Surely there's someone out there! PLEASE HELP!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts