BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright chaps i have a 96 e36 touring today i went to the shop and to my fuckin suprise my had been hit when i got back from the shop!!! so now i need to buy a few bits to get it lookin mint again. one part i need is the door mouldings mine are the thin type, would the m3 4 door type fit on my model? as i can get some cheap

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's correct...saloon will fit touring as with E46 models as well.
The other thing I'm thinking is why the hell am I answering at this time? It's the ladies of Nightshift that should be replying....:rofl. Go to bed Steve :hihi

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
That's correct...saloon will fit touring as with E46 models as well.
The other thing I'm thinking is why the hell am I answering at this time? It's the ladies of Nightshift that should be replying....:rofl. Go to bed Steve :hihi
Exactly, you guys aren't hardcore enough to last till 2am when Nightshift properly begins! :rofl

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
thanks chap these are the ones of an m3 but i dont know if they will fit as they look flat compared to whats already on mine so i dont know if to buy them or not.
Go for it mate. Ive got the flat stripes on my 325. They are a straight swap and they just sit more flush. Just make sure they have all the securing clips and rubber jonnys coz they are different. IMO they look much nicer than the standard ones. There are pics of my car with them on in my album on my profile. :thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Most definitely a straight fit mate:thumbsup

My coupe came with the horrible type that stuck out and now it wears the M3 ones. You will notice that the flat ones have a recess that compensates for the shape of the door.

Here's a couple of pictures to try to show what I mean:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
nice one for that 20!!! my touring will soon have a nice new set of mouldings lol just wanted to make sure before i went to collect them
Are you buying new or second hand? If second hand then it would be worth replacing all the clips and rubber grommets that secure the trim to the door:thumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.