BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Take my advice for what it's worth:rofl

Avoid it!!!:lol

If you're going to go induction then use one that comes with a surround that shields the filter from the heat of the engine bay. Failing that just use a replacement panel filter offered by the likes of K&N or Pipercross:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I gave up on induction kits when I had the 1.8 16v in the coupe as although they sounded great the power always felt strangled.

I have however purchased a Dave F induction kit for the Motorsport engine which is now in the coupe but i'm unable to report back as it's still not been fitted as yet:frown
:thumbsup

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the dave f filters K&N uni job cones that he uses for the kit and theyre £20 more than the K&n gen 2 though I can't see why though

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
They are K&N filters. Must admit, never looked in to the K&N Gen 2:confused

Interesting point you raised there:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Mmm, Interesting indeed. No longer find the filter advertised on ebay:confused

Maybe Boostist knows what happened to him???:hihi

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol probally I've been meaning to bring this point up before but kept forgetting lol, I bought a pipercross and when fitting it I noticed in the sensor tube on the intake theres plastic cage and mesh inside it is this used for anything and should I take it out? as it looks quit restrictive :confused

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.