BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Alpine 133bt to my car which is a 1996 320 cabrio with the 10 speaker set up. there is no factory amp as it was removed and by passed. new headunit works perfect snd sounds good , yesterday i tried to fit some new Vibe components like these Slick Component Speakers | VIBE Audio

and it was simply a plug and play straight swap for the fronts. now when im testing the system and turn it up the alpine quickily switches off and restarts. I d not know what top do anymore to resolve this. i cant be a wiriing issue as it was all plug and play.Any help please

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
possible system overload on the headunits amp and its getting hot now due to it trying to power up all them speakers.

try a master reset on the headunit first if it has one(not familiar with alpine units im afraid) and maybe think of a multi channel amp to take some off the slack off the headunit.

Andy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks andy
why would i do a master reset? its possilble there is a over load but i would have thought that the alpine being a decent hu would be able to power at least two components

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
thanks andy
why would i do a master reset? its possilble there is a over load but i would have thought that the alpine being a decent hu would be able to power at least two components
thing is your components are higher grade and drawing much more power and like you said driving at least 10 speakers in all so its being overworked.i would buy a half decent 4 channel amp and amp the front comps and your rear speakers if you have upgraded them or just the fronts if you wish and see if that helps plus it would benefit your sound greatly especially in a vert.

try disconnecting the rears to see if it still does it as im sure the oem speakers are gonna be bursting the blood vessles now

worth a shot buddy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I checked the factory amp from the 10 speaker set up was removed and bypasses the wires were joined . I know this has no effect really on the issue.but if I got an amp at some stage could I reused the those wires in the boot that were there for the original amp

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man for the good advice

What I meant was use the oem speaker wiring ?
I already ran a new Amp wiring kit so it's ready for an amp

I have some question if you can offer advise
Is it ok to put components front and back?
If not should I Leave the comps up front and fit co axial in the rear. What Would you suggest for a vert?

If I get a four channel amp and wire the fronts as rear what happens the tweeters and midrange already in the car?
Also my alpine has one RCA output do how can I get sound for my subwoofer

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts