BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new to the forum and am need of some advice. I currently own an E36 328i and am aware that power gains are available by fitting a 325i inlet manifold. Can anyone tell me if i need to use my 328 throttle body or do i use the 325 unit. Many thanks, Simon:confused

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats great, all the info i have received never really said about what throttle body to use.

It may sound a silly question but does anyone out there know the whereabouts of my old E30 M3. Reg D155 BJB. It was black with red leather interior. It would be nice to know if it is still being used. It did have E46 M3 style wheels on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boring out the 328 throttle body !

Hi Ian,

You mentioned boring out the throttle body from the 328.... how much has to be removed from it..... to what size.... or could I just use my spare one from the 325i manifold that I've bought and bore that one out...

At some point I intend tinkering with the 325 manifold and fitting it along with the throttle body when it's modified.....

Unfortunately I'm one of the many out of work at the moment so have to cut down on the unnecessary spending, so am looking for the cheapest way to still do something interresting for my car....

Cheers Mick.....

·
Registered
701 Posts
if you are going to use your 328 throttle body you will have to use a spacer between the manifold and the tb. so the gaskets mate properly, its not as simple as just swaping the manifold, the pipe conections under the manifold are different.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
496 Posts
Hi. I am new to the forum and am need of some advice. I currently own an E36 328i and am aware that power gains are available by fitting a 325i inlet manifold. Can anyone tell me if i need to use my 328 throttle body or do i use the 325 unit. Many thanks, Simon:confused
Hi mate. This info maybe of use to you for your mainfold upgrade...

http://www.rmeuropean.com/bmw-m50-manifold.aspx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.