BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
All depends on how much it goes for but if the only faults are as described I'd take a punt on that for sensible money. It could however be a money bit and the guy has realised he has bitten off more than he can chew.

Ive noticed there is acompany on eBay that is buying up cheap M3s on eBay and then breaking them for parts which makes me a little angry as soon there wont be many left. It would be nice to save it.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
I wouldn't take it on, but I haven't the skills. Could be a money pit - particularly if there are any significant faults beyond those listed. Tread carefullly - bidding hasn't ended yet!!

·
Administrator
4,203 Posts
Seems like minor things, leather recolour, sort dents out, roof motors/microswitches etc

The only weird thing I can see is it has a smaller washer bottle, I thought all 6's came with the 5L bottle? And its been a long time since its last service...
I have got the smaller one as mine was leaking and that's what M3Spares sent me. It's a temporary going permanent repair!

·
Administrator
4,203 Posts
I wouldn't. If I was selling it and it was half decent I'd have put it through a mot even if it cost me a few hundred as it would put the price up significantly. As he hasn't I suspect more maybe wrong. Especially as it's being sold for spares.

Nothing wrong with having a look, but no more than £2k and with the view that you may have to break it.

Ian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts