BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm semi-considering buying an M3 to replace my 328 in the next couple of months.

As it stands, my 328 has an all-black, leather interior. Adjustable sports seats and a few M styling bits.

But so far, all the M3's I've seen have a light grey full or half leather interior - which doesn't seem to wear very well (or look good, IMHO).
I also saw one for sale that had a walnut center console and handbrake handle etc - is that a BMW option?

I'm basically wondering what interiors are available for genuine M3's, and which ones look the best in your opinion?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm semi-considering buying an M3 to replace my 328 in the next couple of months.

As it stands, my 328 has an all-black, leather interior. Adjustable sports seats and a few M styling bits.

But so far, all the M3's I've seen have a light grey full or half leather interior - which doesn't seem to wear very well (or look good, IMHO).
I also saw one for sale that had a walnut center console and handbrake handle etc - is that a BMW option?

I'm basically wondering what interiors are available for genuine M3's, and which ones look the best in your opinion?

They come with walnut trim option.......I thought they looked crap, had that originally in my M3- got it all swapped over with the standard black trim from an EVO.

As for the interior, the Vadar seats are the ones to go for on the E36 M3.

Mine came with the standard light grey M leather interior........been looking for the vadars but the are very pricey and sought after.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They come with walnut trim option.......I thought they looked crap, had that originally in my M3- got it all swapped over with the standard black trim from an EVO.

As for the interior, the Vadar seats are the ones to go for on the E36 M3.

Mine came with the standard light grey M leather interior........been looking for the vadars but the are very pricey and sought after.
Yeah, i'm not a fan of walnut in a modern(ish) sports cars.

What are Vadar seats, how do they differ?

Also, can you get M3's with an all-black dash? The only ones I've seen the inside of have a black instrument surround, with the rest grey.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The E36 is a small car and a bit cramped inside, a dark interior will only make it feel more uninviting. I'm personally only looking for ones with light coloured interiors, light grey, white or tan leather.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The E36 is a small car and a bit cramped inside, a dark interior will only make it feel more uninviting. I'm personally only looking for ones with light coloured interiors, light grey, white or tan leather.
I think I saw on another post you're going to look at at M3? Well, if we both end up getting one, we might be able to swap interiors, I can only find the light ones... :D

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I think I saw on another post you're going to look at at M3? Well, if we both end up getting one, we might be able to swap interiors, I can only find the light ones... :D
In general they do come with lighter interiors but there's a good few handfulls of M3's with black interiors ....... also keep an eye on the ads regularly as many come and go on autotrader. Also take a look at the classifieds on Piston Heads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.