BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have traken this Friday off, to have a look at a E36 M3 quite some way away. It sounds nice on the advert and looks nice as well (they usually do on adverts :sarcastic). Its sounds 'right' in pretty much every form and has the ASC, HK hi-fi, heated leather etc. However the only thing it lacks a is a hard top. Where can you get a hard top from and generally how much would I be looking at for one?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If thats an OEM one it sounds good with the reading lights fitted. £1K for a tin roof is a considerable amount on top of the car!! (this is how the prices mount up).

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is at a dealers, so I may think about how to go about seeing if the dealer can get hold of a hardtop even if it costs a bit more. If the car is right and I deal, I would leave collection until a hardtops is also supplied & fitted (if the dealer agrees).

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a good plan mate! What colour is the one concerned?
Techno violet.

Trouble is convertibles are REALLY not my thing, but if getting a softtop means getting a nice M3 then so be it, but must have hard top. If I source one its case of time + cost + spaying (may be) + collection etc. So just got to try and find what works out best.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not a great fan of convertibles either, unless I had a hardtop. I'd imagine though if I got a BMW hardtop or soft top, that come summer, I would absolutely LOVE it.
Even in the summer I'd keep the hardtop on and have the air-con on, thats how much soft tops are not my thing :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.