BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've sourced a whole M3 Evo (the 3.2) exhaust system- maifold all the way down to the tailpipe.
But before i go to collect, are there any distinguishing features to tell me the whole system is an original Evo system?...Just to be sure....like difference in pipe sizing, or any codes or product codes that may be printed/embossed onto the individual parts.
I know as much as what the tail pipes look like, and the difference between the 3.0 and 3.2 litre systems is the positioning of the lambda sensor holes.
But is there any way of confirming the rest of the system, as well as making sure the manifold is off an evo, and not a 328 manifold?
Sorry, its just the guy's not been very descriptive as he's always talking like he's in a rush (maybe serving other customers at the time). For all I know, he may need to remove the system for me when I get there, or he could have the individual parts shelved. He just told me to come have a look, and he'll even do me a better price than he quoted me over the phone.
Cheers,
Baz.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
how much are you paying for it? its a bloody heavy system. the manifolds are pieces of art but the mid and the back box are proper heavy. when ive sold m3 bits before i got and still see them sell at back box £10-£50 (ive got one and cant sell it) manifolds £125 -£150 and the cats about £80 but you can get em for less.ebay.if i was you fit the manifolds if they will fit and have yourself a decat pipe and backbox made up for the same sort of money.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tim, but the thing is, im not gettin it for that sort of money. far as i know, its around £200, but we can talk about the price when i get there. hence why i didnt put it on my to do list, n just thought i'll pick it up this week then.
Is it alot heavier than the 328's exhaust?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The lambda sensors are positioned in the manifolds on the M3 3.2 Evo and I believe the M3 system is heavier than the 328 system:thumbsup

As suggested the manifolds alone are around 250 quids worth for the pair easily. Check the flexi joint for damage as it is common;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaa right, but if its heavier, will it give me any/enough gains to compensate for the extra weight?
The only other performance mods im looking to do are bigger bore throttle body and Dave-F induction kit.
By the way, reason i need to know im looking at an evo system for sure, is because of the price he's quoted me. seems a little cheap.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Aaa right, but if its heavier, will it give me any/enough gains to compensate for the extra weight?
The only other performance mods im looking to do are bigger bore throttle body and Dave-F induction kit.
By the way, reason i need to know im looking at an evo system for sure, is because of the price he's quoted me. seems a little cheap.
It will sound better but I wouldn't be purchasing it on the grounds that you will see extra horses. If there is a gain then it would be minimal.

It sounds extremely cheap for an M3 system whether it be Evo or not. If the manifolds were not included then I would say it's slightly overpriced.

If you get the complete system for around 200 quid then you have found yourself a bargain:thumbsup

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again guys. That's more help than i cud hav asked for :thumbsup
I'll make sure it's ok, and the right exhaust, etc. and wether i use it or not, i'll pick it up if all is ok. Considering its a heavier system though, i'd rather make a profit from it than get a better sound out of it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had another thought. Is the 3.0 M3 exhaust system much heavier as well? If it aint, i'll see if i can source one of those.
But then gota find out how to extend the lambda sensors and if that will have any effect on their readings/operation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes the back box is the same for both and think the cat section weighs about the same too.
Same part number for the back-box for both

1 - 10 of 10 Posts